Thursday, March 5, 2009

suggestion for honoring deceased classmates

From: "Montoya, Harry, NMDOT"
Date: March 5, 2009 12:03:34 PM PST
To: "Gabriel Roybal"
Subject: RE: Class reunion

Gabe, I was thinking that the Class of 99 could purchase a plaque and have it mounted on an outside wall at the new school. Kind of like a dedication and have a space on it where we recognize those that are no longer with us, Chris Peterson, Dion Martinez, Daniel Romero, Thomas Pino, etc. I don’t know if you remember but our faculty at the time had told us that we would be the first graduating class from the new high school. I think it would be a lasting statement of what our school was and should be which is more than just a school or community of learning but a family. I can’t speak for others but I know I grieved at the passing of our friends and at times still do. Please forward this to everyone and see what they think.

Best regards,

Harry Brian Montoya

2 comments:

  1. please note that there is a section on the registration form, for voluntary donations to a family fund. if the class decides to use this money for a plaque, i think that could work pretty smoothly. i am contacting the school to make sure they allow us to do these things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From: SSanchez@1stnationalbanknm.com
    To: roybal@biology.ucsc.edu

    Brian also included Chris Peterson, which I think is a great idea, but I think that we should also include Nelson Gutierrez and any other teachers that have passed away since we were in school that were teachers while we were there.

    ReplyDelete