Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Gabriel Roybal - Photography: Gabriel Roybal Wordpress

http://gabrielroybal.wordpress.com/

Gabriel Roybal Photography

Gabriel Roybal – I started taking a million different photographs when I started commuting from Half Moon Bay to San Francisco on a daily Basis.  I have also been fortunate to travel to Maui several times over the years for a science and engineering teaching workshop.  I am going to miss this drive as well as the epic scenery when I move to the city next month.  Just getting it all out of my system now while the opportunity still exists.
More regarding this website! -



portfotolio.com/gabrielroybal


http://flickeflu.com/photos/64838351@N06


thehumanside.org


About TheHumanSide.org:


My name is Gabriel Roybal.  I am currently an ISIS PostDoc at UC San Francisco Medical School and a lecturer at San Francisco State University.  I will be teaching Stem Cell Biology in the Fall of 2012.
It is my hope that this site will serve as a place where students who are interested in an array of careers can hear the human/personal perspective of professionals and other students. You can imagine that it would be somewhat like a virtual Career Panel Discussion. I hope that it will serve as a place for students to see examples of every experience and background and how one can succeed and find happiness in the career of their choice – all the while retaining their identity outside of work.
Over the years as I have sat on Career Panel Discussions and interacted with students of different stages of their career, I am struck by the sense that stereotypes of professions, other students and professionals can influence whether a student thinks they want to pursue or could be successful at a particular career.  Most of us have had many experiences in our careers that are ‘non-traditional’ or challenging.  Sharing these experiences can enrich the decision making process for people a little earlier in their careers.  So rather than waiting for the next opportunity to share your experiences at a formal career panel discussion, i hope you will see this as an opportunity to positively influence students immediately.
I think hearing your story, would be very helpful for students considering various careers.
If you would like to share your experience – please contact me here at TheHumanSide.org –  Or email me at gabrielroybal@thehumanside.org
Visit our Facebook page!  https://www.facebook.com/TheHumanSideOrg

No comments:

Post a Comment